Sunday, August 18, 2019

Seaside Notions meets Pigment Sprinkles

What fun day I had with Tracy today. We meet digitally since she is in Washington state (today) and I am in North Carolina!

~Enjoy!


The third project of the day was to replicate a Stampin' Up! Designer card with the new colors of Pigment Sprinkles! What a mess this card was and it took a couple of tries to get the background correct for the layout, but it is stunning in person! The item on the left was my first but was way too dark for the technique and gold embossing powder to show through. The 3rd sample is when I took the mess on my craft mat & dragged a 4.5 x 5.25 watercolor card front and sopped up the leftovers. Not sure what I will use it for yet & Tracy wants to use the one on the left as a storm cloud, so I will be sending it off to her to play with!


So with a lighter hand with the Melon Mambo sprinkles on a watercolor background and some a little water layer, this one turned out better! After I embossed the Gold Embossing Powder, I took some of the Gorgeous Grape sprinkles on my craft mat and just a little water & saturated the interior of the stamp with loads of color. Luckily the embossed image creates a well & held the color in place until it dried.


Although we both walked away with pink fingers for the next day, we loved the overall experience and will work again with the sprinkles! Don't forget to check out Tracy's card!



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Seaside Notions Stamp Set
  • Pigment Sprinkles
  • Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
  • Gold Glimmer Paper
  • Gold Embossing Powder
  • Whisper White
  • Basic Black
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment