Saturday, May 30, 2020

Side Panel Layouts 3 Ways

On our May digital play date with Tracy & Jane, we picked a layout and applied 3 different applications with the same color choices - I love how these turned out and bonus: quick & simple cards with a wow effect!

~Enjoy!



First up, a shout out to my favorite designer from whom this card was CASEd from Pinterest: Tammy Wilson. She makes the most beautiful cards! For this sample she used Label me bold. Tracy was the only one to have this stamp set, so the rest of us improvised.

We also picked a color challenge of Pretty Peacock, Rich Razzleberry and Mango Melody. For this first card, I used some diamond stamps from my stash (Grunge Rock would work for this too) and gave it a light spritzing with water to blur the pattern a little more. I mounted the stamped strip on Rich Razzleberry card stock and then on Whisper White that was embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays on Basic Black cardstock and VersaMark and heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I trimmed the sentiment in Whisper White to give it the negative affect of the original card. I also added a little Silver Glimmer Paper, because, duh, birthday cards need a little pizzazz! I finished the whole thing off with some Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and just a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels.


For this card I used the dots from the Timeless Textures Stamp Set and it is mounted on pretty Peacock and Whisper White that was embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder (I love this one!) The sentiment is form my stash with all of the same steps as above.


Lastly, one of my favorite quick & easy backgrounds is the swish! To make the background, I dragged each color across a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Hold the ink pad so that only the top edge hits the paper then quickly drag the pad across the paper back & forth in a diagonal. The trick here is not to press too hard, take a running start at your paper and do it really fast. For this one I used the the Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder and a little Whisper White Bakers Twine as my finishing touch.




Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set
  • Timeless Textures Stamp Set
  • Subtle Embossing Folder
  • Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder
  • Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder
  • VersaMark
  • White Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Whisper White Bakers Twine 
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Pretty Peacock
  • Rich Razzleberry
  • Mango Melody
  • Whisper White
  • Basic Black
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment