Sunday, December 23, 2018

Mad for Gingham Gala Plaid

At the 30th Stampin' Up! Convention this year, one of the prizes handed out for Prize Patrol was the Gingham Gala 6x6 paper pack. This pack comes with 5 different colors and 2 styles of plaids, a large and a small gingham check.

I wanted to see what the plaids would look like dressed up a little more so I decided to add some lines in assorted widths and colors to make them a little more robust. Everyone loves a good plaid - here is what I came up with!

~Enjoy


I started off with just a simple complementary color and a fine stroke (bottom set). Those were nice - but I wondered what some black would do, so I started with a fine black line only & still wasn't overly happy with the result - then I decided to add a thick black line & alternate with the thin black line - this is when things started to get interesting!



The first card I made - I was trying to be conservative with the paper since I knew I wanted to use this for a swap - so I cut the 6x6 into 4 equal parts. I used the Amazing Life set that everyone got at convention. I love the mixed fonts sets. I used just the top portion of the 3-tiered cake, Swirls & Curls embossing folder, gold glimmer paper and the black 1/8" cord. I gradient-colored the word Cake with the light and dark Daffodil Delight blender pens as well as the cake.



For my Sale-a-Bration item - I just had to have this roster from the Home to Roost stamp set - I am not sure why - but I thought he would be versatile. For the plaid - it was just too plain when I starting adding it all together so I decided to add some yellow to the Grapefruit Grove. It added just enough color to tie it all together. I did a quick hand coloring of the rooster with blends. The "Thanks" is part of the "Thanks so much" stamp from the Wonderful Moments set.



The moment I saw this set on the big screen, I knew I had to have it, it is such a cute cupcake from the Hello Cupcake stamp set and it was FREE from Sale-a-Bration!!!! (Even thought I have several cupcakes already). I left the Highland Heather plaid with only the black addition and added just enough Lemon Lime Twist to give it a little interest. I shadow stamped the sentiment by stamping the black first, then the green, by hand.



My friend Tracy sent me a card similar to this that I used for inspiration and the Amazing Life stamp set. I added Lemon Lime Twist to the Balmy Blue plaid next to the thick black line. The banner is hand fussy cut and the green stripe is embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. Note the envelope "Brackets" for YAY!. They are made with several small pieces from the Amazing Life set, the corner flourish, the little splash element and the 3 dots, I think that is super cute!



I just can not get over the Lemon Zest stamp set - every card I make with it I just LOVE. My favorite sentiments to use with it are "I couldn't have picked a better friend than you" and "Thanks a bunch", I love the play on words for these 2 sentiments. Both are from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set.

For the plaid on this one I added yellow next to the fine black line to give it a little more punch.



Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

1 comment:

  1. Thin & thick Sharpies for the black lines & Stampin' Write markers for the colored lines!

    ReplyDelete