Saturday, May 25, 2019

Digital Retreat May #2 - Sea of Texture

Tracy had the Facebook Inkspiration color challenge due so we decided to go for it with Berry Burst, Garden Green, Blackberry Bliss and Melon Mambo. These colors typically lend themselves to flowers - so we decided to challenge ourselves & NOT do flowers. Instead we chose a set we both had not used since last March when we crafted for the last time at my old house in Washington, Sea of Texture.

We both really struggled with this set and took mots of the time we had that day in the creation process. Tracy was trying to replicate the tunnel card she created last time without going back and revisiting the original. I actually had headed down an alternate path but then at the last minute decided to ditch that one and start over! The top one is the final result while the bottom one is the one I gave up on. Looking back, the one I ditched was not sooo bad. A sentiment & ribbon - may be able to save it (If I hadn't stolen a bunch of the pieces for the top card)!

UPDATE! I was chosen as a Top 5 selection for the Colour INKspiration Challenges Facebook group! Alas, I did not win - but how exciting to get chosen as a first time entry to be a Top 5 card!

~Enjoy




Here is Tracy's card 
 Sea of Texture tunnel Card


Here is my first attempt
 

Inspiration colors

Winner!!! Well, Top 5 Nominated:




No comments:

Post a Comment