Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives #3 / Scraps

There was so much to do with the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Be Mine Valentine, the cards just kept-a-comin' ! I have a few more alternatives to show, but this is more about the leftovers - what to do with all of those little its & pieces laying on your table. We all know we are all hoarders at heart!

~Enjoy


This card uses all those little trimmed straight line box flaps. I cut them into fourths and angled the edges. Then I just started with a Pool Party North, South, East, West marks. I added a Melon Mambo on either side of the Pool Party, and kept building form there. I did not worry about the angles & if they matched or were different and some overlap more than others - this card is NOT for the OCD at heart. The strips, circle, heart doggie "tag"and sentiment are from the Jan19 PP kit, the doggie is from Bella & Friends and the pink ribbon is from my stash. Bella was highlighted with Stampin' Blends.


A special shout out to Jeanne Ciolli for the inspiration on the baby roo in the pouch. This one was so fast - I just could not wrap my head around the kangaroo for Valentine's Day & was always thinking more baby. Again, these were all scraps on my table - already cut - I just had to arrange them & stick it all together - and I LOVE this card!!! The baby sentiment is from Wonderful Moments & the congratulations is from a retired set - but the font matches perfectly! The white ribbon if from my stash and the Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper is from the retired Myths & Magic set. I sponged Pool Party onto the reverse of the red heart from the kit for the heart on the belly.

The pink version of the baby card is made with retired Pink Pirouette embossed with Falling Leaves. The baby sentiment is from Wonderful Moments & the congratulations is from a retired set. The circle is edge sponged with Melon Mambo as well as the hearts, cut with a retired heart punch (the backside is the Pool Party leftovers from the circle dies cuts). The hand cut fishtail banners were just lying on the table, the only thing I had to go get was some cardstock for the hand cut sentiment.


This card is so much cuter in person & sparkly! The background is embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. Really the only thing from the kit is the sentiment & the paper for the Pool Party hearts. The sentiment is done with the ribbon wave technique. The ribbon and punch are retired - but who doesn't have a ribbon & heart punches in their stash?! So simple & so cute!!!


I was really struggling with what to do with those little rounded corner pieces trimmed off the box - after the big hits with the lips card, everything else seemed ho-hum. I did play around with flowers at one point - but they were not coming together. When I was done with all the cards - I only had the notched pieces left - what if I cut them in half and used all the circle dies cuts leftover as the center - eureka! The sentiment is from Country Home & the flourish is from the retired Detail Deer's antlers.


Here is how I pieced the items together. I first taped together the notched pieces on either side of the notch, then I cut that in half & adhered them to the back of the circle die cut. I alternated that technique to add the leaves.


Here are some other ides I played with, but did not make the final cut



This last card started out with the little half pieces of the flaps trimmed off the treat boxes and the reason I only had notched pieces to work with above. It started off looking ocean, palm tree, vacation-y. I cut the circle in half just to do something different and applied a knot instead of my usual bow. The background was too plain so I punched some dots to add interest. It sat on my desk for a while waiting for inspiration to strike.

My neighbor from when I was a child reconnected recently on FB. A few weeks ago her husband passed (and we are relatively young), so I guess she was on my mind. As I started playing with the pieces of this card I started to get emotional, because there was so much symbolism in it. The knot represents their marriage and the circle cut in half represents their parting. I know he is safe now and I pray that she and her teenage son are well.





Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment