Friday, February 8, 2019

So long January 2019 Paper Pumpkin

Its finally time, time to close out the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Be Mine Valentine. I had so much fun with this kit & was inspired by so many people in the Facebook Paper Pumpkin Fan Club! I wanted to share you you some closing thoughts & aha moments.

~Enjoy


I love, love, love this little chameleon stamp & his sentiment. I made about 6 of the chameleon cards as my Valentines, the one with the all over chameleon background paper. I have a confession, I use all of my old Stampin' Up! packing slips as scratch paper / stamp off paper. When I got done with all of the 6 backgrounds - I noticed the tails made a cute little flourishy background. I set out to replicate the effect as a border for a card, by placing another piece of scrap paper on the interior of the base & stamp only the tails. This is 2 layers offset of tails & dragonflies. You can see it here, it never (yet) came to fruition - but it may make an appearance again for Mother's Day or maybe ever Christmas - who knows!!! Maybe the chameleon will be really cute with a Santa hat on!  


As I kept creating more & more cards, I kept going to my stash for more & more ribbon - I LOVE ribbon!!!! After the assortment got a little overwhelming I started throwing cut off pieces of the pillow box, my stamps, the epoxy hearts & my ribbon in the Paper Pumpkin box to keep it all contained - this worked great!!! And when I finished off my Paper Pumpkin kit, I decided to make this box a main staple on my desk from now on! I cut down the flap and tucked that inside to make it sturdy. I may cover it at some point, but for now it works!

My last tip is what to do with the kit once it is done. I only have fully completed & wiped out about 4 kits. First I take the instructions & fold them so that the fit the front cover of an empty Stampin' Up! stamp case. Next, anything big, just goes in the box, my kangaroo sheets that I cut in half are in there. Then any small little pieces leftover I throw in an envelope - I got this trick from my friend Tracy Marie Lewis. Even if you stamp something with a set & do not use it, cut down the artwork, toss it in an envelope & throw it in the box & next time you go to use that set - pre-done artwork!




Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment