Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day Teapots

For Mother's Day this year I created a few cards. The first one is from a super cute set called A Mother's Flair which had a really cute shoe, hat, purse and teapot. The second one is from Tea Together & the third is made with a Gorjuss girl.

~Enjoy!



I just love this little teapot from A Mother's Flair stamp set. I first taped off a section of white cardstock with removable tape & then went to town with a sponge and Berry Burst for the pink center strip to give it a mottled background. I then stamped the teapot in Memento Black and colored in the flower and leaves with Berry Burst & Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers. I then laid down a coating of Glossy Accents to give it some dimension. The frame is cut with a really old frame, it may have been QuicKutz. Then I added a strip of white paper embossed with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder. The background paper is from the Petal Passion DSP paper pack. Topping it all off is some Berry Burst Seam Binding Ribbon. The envelope is stamped with Beautiful Bouquet.


This next card came out of a color challenge. I was done with the challenge but wanted to explore the colors a little more, so I came up with this one. The colors were Pool Party, Shaded Spruce and Flirty Flamingo. I knew I wanted to use the cute Teapot from Tea Together Stamps & Tea Time Dies and I thought the Pool Party would be sort of a patina look for it. I tried several versions of the teapot, but finally ended up on this version. The background paper is created with the Hello Cupcake Stamp Set. Once again, I added some Crumb Cake sponging to the background to antique the card a little more and of course a doily! The flowers are from the Paper Studio. Finishing it off are some flowers from my stash & a Braided Linen Trim bow. All of the Mothers out there loved the card!


This last card was made only for my mom. I had intended to make several but just ran out of time & the others were way easier to make duplicates. I love the Gorjuss girl line, they are all so super sweet. Unfortunately when I got this die, the Gorjuss line did not make the dies, only the stamps. The dress parts & background papers are from Die Cuts With A View and Stampin' Up! Soft Suede and Early Espresso. The flourish is from Timeless Textures. The Doily and Gold Glimmer Paper add a bit if antique & glitz! The leaves are cut from the Flourish Thinlits set and the flowers are from the Paper Studio.



Stampin' Up! products used:

Pink and Black Teapot:
  • A Mother's Flair Stamp Set
  • Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set
  • Berry Burst
  • Memento Black
  • Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers
  • Berry Burst Stampin' Write Markers
  • Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
  • Petal Passion Designer Series Paper Pack
  • Berry Burst Seam Binding Ribbon
Pool Party Teapot:
  • Tea Together Stamp Set
  • Tea Time Dies
  • Hello Cupcake Stamp Set
  • Pool Party
  • Shaded Spruce
  • Flirty Flamingo
  • Soft Suede
  • Doily
  • Braided Linen Trim
Gorjuss Girl:
  • Timeless Textures Stamp Set
  • Gold Glimmer Paper
  • Doily
  • Soft Suede
  • Early Espresso
  • Flourish Thinlits
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment