Sunday, April 30, 2017

Color Challenge Week #4

The first thing I saw for this week's colors was feminine or baby. So I started with some Mother's Day cards since it was right around the corner! I also hinted to Shannon that she was not allowed to use any greens this week – since teal is her favorite color she tends to lean toward that end of the color spectrum!

Here is week #4's inspiration:



The Stampin' Up! colors identified were:

  • Perfect Plum
  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Sweet Sugarplum
  • Flirty Flamingo
  • Blushing Bride
  • Crumb Cake
  • Whisper White

Here is my submission:



Butterflies

I stamped a background of flowers, stamping some directly from ink pad to paper & some flowers were created with a second stamp from the initial inking.

I ran the tan paper through the waves embossing folder and ink edged the entire card front with a sponge, holding the card in my one hand and with the other hand dragging the sponge along the edge starting about an inch in on the card  with a  little bit of a running effort. The card bends slightly & allows just a little of the ink on the card front with a darker inking on the edge. I also applied a little of the sponge to the waves to add a little more depth for the embossed piece.

I layered the background flowers on the sweet sugarplum and popped the whole thing up with Dimensionals.  The banner was fussy cut for both pieces and the right edge is popped up, while the left edge is adhered directly on the flowers background.

I added Wink of Stella to the die cut butterflies and also some rhinestones and pearls.

Supplies:

  • Sweet Sugarplum Ink & Cardstock
  • Wisteria Wonder Ink & Cardstock
  • Baked Brown Sugar Ink & Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Garden In Bloom Stamp Set
  • Oh So Succulent Stamp Set
  • Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies
  • Waves Embossing Folder
  • Sponges
  • Rhinestones / Pearls
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

Happy Birthday Variation



I wanted to use a script background for my submission – but I did not have a current SU one and the rules of the game were current Stampin' Up! products only – so I enhanced some others!

I also wanted to use the Sweet Sugarplum glimmer paper that had just expired with the Sale-A-Bration catalog!  Since I didn't have purple glimmer paper – I switch the background flowers to purple and added the main butterfly in pink instead.

Supplies:

  • Sweet Sugarplum Ink & Cardstock
  • Wisteria Wonder Ink & Cardstock
  • Baked Brown Sugar Ink & Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Garden In Bloom Stamp Set
  • Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies
  • Waves Embossing Folder
  • Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper
  • Script Background Stamp
  • Happy Birthday Stamp
  • Sponges
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

Purple Cake



I had gotten these cute little crooked stacked cake stamps and had been wanting to play with them for a while – so why not with this challenge! I went a little outside of the challenge though – I used Perfect Plum instead of Wisteria Wonder! Renegade!!!! These are two step stamps, they have 2 stamps when stamped together make up the whole piece, so half of these I stamped directly from ink pad to paper – the lighter ones – I stamped ink pad to scrap paper & then onto my project. I wanted the same shade only lighter – which I did not have as an ink option.

I added a piece of Perfect Plum that I ran through a Banners Embossing Folder and a piece of Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper. I popped up the cake on the backgrounds and I also adhered glue dots to my Dimensionals to make sure they would stick to the glitter paper.

I used Blender pens to fill in the little confetti around the cake

Supplies:

  • Perfect Plum Ink & Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Cake Crazy Stamp Set
  • Confetti Stamps
  • Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper
  • Banners Embossing Folder
  • White Ribbon
  • Blender Pens
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals / Glue Dots
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

Super Crazy Fantastic Spectacular



After running the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock through the Crackle Embossing Folder, I added some sponged Sweet Sugarplum ink to it to add dimension. I also added a little sparkle to the edges with Wink of Stella.

I popped up the cake / sentiment for additional depth.

I colored the cake on the envelope with Blender Pens.

Supplies:

  • Sweet Sugarplum Ink & Cardstock
  • Wisteria Wonder Ink & Cardstock
  • Baked Brown Sugar Ink
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Cake Crazy Stamp Set
  • Birthday Cake Stamp
  • Crackle Embossing Folder
  • Gold Ribbon
  • Sponges
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals / Glue Dots
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

Purple & Gold Cake



After adding a little Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper behind my cake with glue dots, I popped up the cake using Dimensionals. I found a really old scrap piece of paper for the starry background that would match the colors I needed. I also keep a stash of tiny bows or scrap ribbon & found the perfect little gold bow as an accent piece.

Supplies:

  • Wisteria Wonder Ink
  • Sweet Sugarplum Ink
  • Baked Brown Sugar Ink & Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Cake Crazy Stamp Set
  • Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper
  • White & Gold Ribbon
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals / Glue Dots
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

Collection:

Here are all the cards for this color challenge that I made.



Here are the group results as well:



~Enjoy!

*Most products used were Stampin' Up!, but occasionally other sources as well

No comments:

Post a Comment