Sunday, April 9, 2017

Color Challenge Week #1

My friend Shannon Cole decided to start a color challenge for her Stampin' Up! group. She offered up a small prize to a random winner every week! The rules are:
  • Do the best you can with the colors that are presented in the photograph attached
  • All supplies MUST be current Stampin' Up! products
  • An additional challenge this week was to use the Oh So Succulent Stamp set


Here is week #1's inspiration:



The Stampin' Up! colors identified were:

  • Old Olive
  • Pear Pizzazz
  • Rich Razzleberry
  • Night of Navy
  • Pacific Point
  • Whisper White


Here is my submission:



Techniques

My stamp sets are VERY wet, so for all of the outlines I used the stamped image as is. Then for the internal colors, I either stamped off once or used a dauber to lessen the amount of ink on the stamp.

Sponged edges were done by holding the cardstock in my hand & dabbing a sponge in an ink pad, then dragging it along the edges of the cardstock until effect desired resulted.

Lastly, I stamped my sentiment directly on the card, but sure enough - it came out crooked! - So I stamped it again on a scrap piece and popped it up instead! (pictured in group shot below)

Supplies:

  • Old Olive Ink
  • Rich Razzleberry Ink
  • Night of Navy Ink & Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Daffodil Delight Ink
  • Oh So Succulent Stamp Set
  • Navy Twine
  • Pearls
  • Sponges / Daubers
  • Glue Dots
  • Pop Dots / Dimensionals
***Shop Stampin' Up! products here!***

Here are the group results as well:


If you are interested in playing along – see Shannon's blog: www.creatingforgrace.com
~Enjoy!
*Most products used were Stampin' Up!, but occasionally other sources as well

No comments:

Post a Comment