Sunday, March 3, 2019

Colour Combo Challenge March

My friend Tracy & I love to do color challenges when we get together for our digital retreats. This time she found one from the Colour Combo Blog Hop. This month's colors are Pool Party, Shaded Spruce and Flirty Flamingo. Tracy also found this cute card to CASE.

~Enjoy!

Here is my card using the challenge colors. Using the Bunny Builder Punch, the Leaf Punch and leaves from Bouquet Bunch and Flourish Thinlits. The banner is embossed with the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. The background is stamped with Pool Party and one of the masks from Pattern Party and the whole thing is topped off with some ribbon from Sale-a-bration.


And here is Tracy's card!


After the retreat, these colors were still calling to me to see if I could create something that I liked a little more & felt more of my creation, so I picked up my favorite stamp set, Hello Cupcake and had some fun. I liked that is softened Flirty Flamingo and allowed Pool Party to be the star. I stamped the Buffalo Check stamp for the banner and scruffed some edges with my scissors and applied a generous helping of Crumb Cake to distress it a little more. Swirls & Curls was applied to the background Very Vanilla card base and I added some Cheesecloth for a little interest and the pearls were inked up with a Soft Suede Stampin' Blends Marker. To finish it off is a wrapped banner made from Braided Linen Trim. What a delicious looking cupcake!!


I was also starting to play with my Mother's Day cards for this year & the envelope I stamped above looked a little like grandma's wallpaper. I knew I wanted to use the cute Teapot from Tea Together Stamps & Tea Time Dies and I thought the Pool Party would be sort of a patina look for it. I tried several versions of the teapot, but finally ended up on this version. Once again, I added some Crumb Cake sponging to the background to antique the card a little more and of course a doily! Finishing it off are some flowers from my stash & a Braided Linen Trim bow. All of the Mothers out there loved the card!


Here is the collection for the color challenge.


Here is the inspiration photo



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Bunny Builder Punch
  • Leaf Punch
  • Bouquet Bunch Thinlits
  • Flourish Thinlit
  • Swirls & Curls embossing folder
  • Pattern Party Decorative Masks
  • Sale-a-bration Ribbon
  • Hello Cupcake Stamp Set
  • Buffalo Check stamp
  • Braided Linen Thread
  • Soft Suede Stampin' Blends Marker
  • Tea Together Stamp Set
  • Tea Time Dies
  • Pool Party
  • Shaded Spruce
  • Crumb Cake
  • Very Vanilla
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment