Thursday, January 24, 2019

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives #2

When I was creating my Chinese New Years cards (the year of the pig) I found This Little Piggy stamp set. When I saw him and his sentiment was hogs & kisses I thought I would use some of the January Paper Pumpkin leftovers with him. This is how it turned out!

~Enjoy


Who knew that Stampin' Up! makes a cute little piggy tail embossing folder?! OK, it is actually called Swirls & Curls, but it fits perfectly!!! The red hearts and red heart embellishments are from the January Paper Pumpkin. The red heart paper is from the pillow boxes and the ribbon is retired. Pig & Sentiment are edged with a sponge and Melon Mambo. I also added some Wink of Stella on my piggy because it is Valentine's Day!!!


Now I did have to cut apart my stamp for this next piece. I separated the hogs & kisses sentiment from my little pig because I wanted to use it to create some background paper that said hogs & kisses all over it. As I was playing with setting it up in my Stamparatus, I was not fully inking the stamp - just to see if I was going to like it or not. The cool thing that happened was it started to vary in shades and I really liked it, so as I started to stamp the sentiment I stamped up to 4 times without re-inking to get the different colors - another happy accident! I did end up using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for this technique since I was only making one card and I could not see thru the stamp, even then it is a little wiggly and not perfect.


Another tip I wanted to share was what I did with my sentiment. First, I made it extra long so I could cut some really deep tails. Then with my fingernail, I dragged it across the tails & pulled up so get them to curl slightly. Now you have to imagine splitting your sentiment up into sections, the tails, just inside the tails, then about at 30% & 70% of the length & then the middle. I adhered adhesive to the middle & just before the end of the tails and added dimensionals to the 30% & 70% marks and also the very end tail parts to keep them up/curled. This results in a very wavy ribbon.




Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment