Saturday, January 5, 2019

2019 New Year's Cards

I usually do not like to make New Year's resolutions, but I do like to make New Year's cards for my friends and family! Based on the huge success of the Mad for Plaid yellow birthday card - I decided to base my New Year's cards on that design since the same folks would not be receiving both cards.

I have stopped purchasing patterned paper, I like to make my own and I recently moved and I had to downsize my paper selection, that stuff is HEAVY to move! Between my mother-in-law an myself, I think we have over 3000 pieces of paper, I don't know - it was a LOT! Anyway, I do have a few small 6x6 paper pads that I decided to pull out to see if anything caught my eye. I only have the retired Stampin' Up! Cupcakes and Carousels and also A Little Foxy. In my limited patterned paper stash I found a few I thought I would try so here it goes...

~Enjoy


For the first card I grabbed the Pool Party & Smoky Slate Chevron paper from the A Little Foxy 6x6 paper pack. My friend Shannon loves teal so I was planning with her in mind. I tried to think of something other than embossing for the left side and came across an old retired Project Life Day to Day stamp set for the months stamped in Bermuda Bay on Pool Party. The sentiment is stamped with the Warm Hearted stamp set stamped in Basic Grey. The '19 is from a really old set, I think it was Stampendous - I have had it for years. Some Silver Glimmer paper and a bow made from retired silver and white ribbon finished the card. The whole thing is then layered on a Whisper White embossed with the Subtle embossing folder and layered on a Basic Black card base. The envelope was stamped with the Stampendous numbers in black and the sparkler from the retired Its a Celebration stamp set stamped in Pool Party & the explosions are from the Night in Bethlehem stamp set stamped in Bermuda Bay.


For the stacked months, I attempted to step-stamp with my Stamparatus, but it was not cooperating, so instead I laid out January, March and May on one side of the platform and flipped it over & laid out February, April & June. I then repeated this for the inside for the remaining months. That was a cool discovery.


Another thing I discovered was that once I had missed some ink on a stamp & stamped it again, this created a darker color on every other month. Not what I was going for, but I didn't mind the effect. This also happened on one of the card fronts, so I just matched those 2 up & then it looks like it was intended!


I also ended up making some from the Cupcakes & Carousels utilizing So Saffron Gold Glimmer paper, Crushed Curry for the months and Soft Suede for the sentiment. For the Teal cards I used Memento Black for the sentiment and Bermuda Bay for both the paper & stamped months.










Here is the inspiration card & the copycats.



Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment