Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Water-colored Background Baby Card

As I was looking at the Incredible Like You stamp set, I was noticing all of the little blob type stamps and thought they might make a cute background or maybe even a cute base for a water-colored background - so that's what I did - I decided to give it a try!

~Enjoy


I started with 2 watercolor card bases, one I was intentionally going to water-color & the other I was going to leave just stamped and also to use as a reference in case the water color was a success, so I could replicate it.

With the large background flower, I stamped almost all over the card using Lemon Lime Twist and Coastal Cabana. Then I filled in some of the holes with the dot stamp and Pear Pizzazz and Balmy Blue. Lastly I added a few of the 3 small dots stamp in Tranquil Tide and Blueberry Bushel.

I started spritzing water to one of the backgrounds. I actually overdid it and the colors started to get muddy, so I toweled off the paper & started over. The next time, I applied water a little at a time to see when it would start to run and blend. I waited about 30 seconds between each spritz and finally got the look I was going for.




I decided to build the same card with each of the backgrounds to see what would happen. Since the colors slightly shifted I had to adjust each of the cards a little with different colors to get the right color combos.

For the non-water-colored one, I dyed white bakers twine by adding the Tranquil Tide ink pad directly to my craft mat, adding water & dredging my twine through it. It dried lighter than I really wanted it to. I added gold metallic thread to a double twine bow and backed it with some 5/8" Flax Ribbon. The sentiment is from the Abstract Impressions set, the deer is from A Good Day stamp set and the Congrats is cut from Tranquil Tide and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits dies. The banner is hand cut, edge sponged with Lemon Lime Twist and backed with Old Olive. A few rhinestones in the corners and a little highlighting Congrats with a white gel pen added the finishing touches! That deer is so stinking cute!!!



This is the water-colored version. I dyed white bakers twine by applying the Coastal Cabana ink pad directly to my craft mat, adding water & dredging my twine through it. It dried lighter than I really wanted it to. I added gold metallic thread to a double twine bow and backed it with some 5/8" Flax Ribbon. The sentiment is from the Abstract Impressions set, the deer from A Good Day stamp set and the Congrats is cut from Bermuda Bay and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits dies. The banner is hand cut, edge sponged with Garden Green and backed with Night of Navy. A few rhinestones in the corners and a little highlighting Congrats with a white gel pen added the finishing touches!



Here is what they ended up looking like - side by side. I think overall I like the non water-colored one better, but it is fun to get inky once in a while!




Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment