Friday, January 25, 2019

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives #3

I had posted an alternative card for the January Paper Pumpkin using the This Little Piggy stamp set and the hogs & kisses sentiment. This stamp set also has a pig in it that is flying & has the sentiment of She Believed She Could. The Paper Pumpkin set for January 2019 Be Mine Valentine has a stamp in it that says You're So Fly. After I posted my hogs & kisses card a gal mentioned that the flying pig & You're So Fly sentiment would be cute together - challenge accepted!!!

~Enjoy


I decided to create a Z-fold card so I could actually get the pig to fly. Another alternative was to add a little spring behind him, but since I did not have any of those - I decided to go with the Z-fold. After a little card design work, I had to decide where the pig would look best so that he could still fly. This is the Z-fold card closed.


I replicated the stamp technique I used on my hogs & kisses card for the hearts, one says You're so Fly & the other says By My Valentine? I stamped up to 3 times with the photo-polymer before re-inking & sponged the edges with Melon Mambo. They are not straight, but I think they are cuter a little wonky, especially with this little wonky font. You can see the piggy in full flight here. The wings are vellum sandwiched in-between 2 piggies.


I added a little pocket on the inside fold & used one of the hearts from the kit & made it into a tag by stapling some ribbon on the top. The edges of this tag are inked in Wink of Stella as well as my little piggy.


I made an alternate design for just a flat normal card, my piggy is missing his wings in this picture though.


Here is the card in action!




Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment