Saturday, October 19, 2019

Watercolor Pumpkins

This card uses the watercolor technique, and it was sent out as one of my Halloween cards this year.

~Enjoy!



This card is based on a collection of cards using watercolor techniques as backgrounds. For this one, I used assorted fall colors of the Watercolor Pencils and Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2. The majority of the color is Crushed Curry with a little Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze. After I "colored" the background, I went over it with an Aqua Painter pen to soften & blend the colors. After that dries (or using a heat tool to set), I stamped these oh so cute pumpkins and sentiment (I think they came as a bonus gift with one of the Paper Pumpkin kits) with Stayz-On Black Ink. I then added some more watercolor pencils to color the pumpkins & stems. The background is then layered with Mossy Meadow & sits on a Whisper White card base. To top it off, I added some Braided Linen Trim, Mini-Sequin Trim and Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim. I love these little pumpkins, they may be my favorite in my collection! 





Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Paper Pumpkin Stamp Set
  • Watercolor Pencils 
  • Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
  • Crushed Curry
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Cajun Craze
  • Aqua Painter
  • Stayz-On Black
  • Braided Linen Trim
  • Mini-Sequin Trim
  • Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim
  • Mossy Meadow 
  • Whisper White 
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment