Sunday, March 3, 2019

Home to Roost CASED

The Home to Roost Stamp Set turned out to be one of my favorites. This card was cased from one of my FAVORITE designers, Tammy Wilson over at Stamps, Paper, Scissors.

~Enjoy!



I wanted my card a little grungier than the pinspiration photo so I stamped a Whisper White background with Crumb Cake using the Crackle Paint Background Stamp. I roughed up the edges of my cardstock with a kitchen knife and then sponge inked the edges with Crumb Cake & a little Soft Suede only on the edges. This is all layered on top of a Whisper White card base. I cut a  piece of Daffodil Delight from the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper and lightly tapped a sponge against it to give it some speckles. I repeated the edging process again for this piece. I had recently attended a  swap and got the coloring of the rooster from that card, it is done with several Blends Markers and I purposely left the streaking of the colors. I edged the oval with some more Crumb Cake and did a little tapping just around the edges with a sponge. The leaves are cut from Pear Pizzazz and the Petals & More Thinlits Dies and it topped with some Wink of Stella for a bit of sparkle. I added a little scrap of cheesecloth for some added texture. The sentiment is embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder and the pearls are colored with the Light Old Olive Blends Marker. The little flower is one from my stash and a bow of Crumb Cake from the Nature's Twine set tops it off. I soooo love this card and the designer!





Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Home to Roost Stamp Set
  • Crackle Paint Background Stamp
  • Petals & More Thinlits Dies
  • Blends Markers
  • Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper
  • Wink of Stella
  • White Stampin' Emboss Powder 
  • Nature's Twine
  • Pearl Basic Jewels
  • Whisper White
  • Crumb Cake
  • Soft Suede 
  • Pear Pizzazz
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment