Saturday, March 30, 2019

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives March 2019 - Teal

I have never really been a fan of teal and aqua until recently and nor it seem to be invading every square inch of my life! I am not sure what color set I like the most out of the pink, yellow or teal selections, but the teal was was the ones that came last, mostly because I really did not like the balloons, the polka dot numbers or that polka dot teal paper, so these are the ones I altered the most - but are some of may favorites for sure!

~Enjoy


This one could easily be turned into a menorah! I tool a white background and lightly sponged the edges with Bermuda Bay. Embossed the light Pool Party & Daffodil Delight Banners with Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder. I placed a few continuous lines of tear-n-tape across the back of the polka dot letter sheet & cut off a piece to use as a background for the candles.

I took the strip of red & white candles & turned them over to the back. I added the flames on the outside in Daffodil Delight and the inside of the flame with So Saffron. I loved the way they turned out and used this technique several times with this kit.

The present is sentiment label is made with one of the presents from the inside of the card and the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamps. Topping it off with a double bow made with Linen Thread.
The envelope is stamped with Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay using the stamp set included with the kit.


I was really trying hard to use this polka dot "paper" and I also wanted to start adding a little more depth to my cards in general so I started adding Soft Suede to the background to hide the 1980s teal polka dot & at first I was like, uh-oh, the numbers show through, but I kept going.

I added Soft Suede to my Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder & ran that through my machine and even though it came out uneven - I kind of liked the effect. I knew I wanted to do a background color-on-color cupcake with Pool Party. By this point, this was looking really good & I was thinking - who would I give this too - then I remembered my great niece will be turning 16 soon & she loves teal - perfect!

I added the 16 cut from the retired numbers set in Crumb Cake sponge edged with Soft Suede and the Sweet is stamped with Bermuda Bay and the Hello Cupcake set. Add a off white hand cut banner edged with Bermuda Bay, a double bow with Linen Thread, a small border of the 1980s teal polka dot paper & the party hat with the excess border trimmed down. I rough up the edges on most of the layers & then sponged the rough edges with a coordinating color. I LOVE the way this card came out!


This was a pretty quick and easy variation. The background is trimmed down from the card base provided, the cakes are trimmed from the card insides. The sentiment is from Hello Cupcake in Black and some yellow ribbon from my collection.

I took the strip of red & white candles & turned them over to the back. I took the hat stamp & carefully positioned it so the stripes would line up to be stripes on the candles and miss the flame. Make sure that you do not get in on the top part of the hat where the pom-pom is. I then added the flames with the outside in Daffodil Delight and the inside of the flame with So Saffron. These little striped candles add so much to the card!

The envelope for this one came out so cute! It is stamped with Pool Party and Hello Cupcake for the large confetti, The 3 little dots are with Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight & Amazing Life Then the Flirty Flamingo & Black dot are hand done with markers. It matches perfectly!


Here is another version at a grungy card. I started with a background of Lemon Lime Twist (nooo... please do not retire), I added the trimmed off edges of the scalloped tag provided. A piece of the light blue polka dot card base trimmed down, topped with the rest of the trimmed down tag embossed with Swirls & Curls.

For the sentiment I cut apart the stamp "It's your" and also "Today we celebrate YOU!". I stamped the sentiment with Bermuda Bay onto Pool Party and edged all of the items with Soft Suede.

I made the candle with the candles provided and the party hat stamp using Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight & So Saffron markers. I trimmed down the border of the party hat & edged those also with Soft Suede. Everything is popped up with dimensionals and topped off with the Polka Dot ribbon, Gold Mini Sequin Trim and some green and white Baker's Twine form my collection.


This may have turned out to be my favorite card. Unfortunately it uses a LOT of outside of the box product, but I finally got that teal polka dot "paper" to look good!

This uses the retired Cupcakes & Carousels DSP and behind those is a swatch of cheesecloth. The cupcake is heavily Wink of Stella-ed and stamped with Hello Cupcake, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay on Pool Party.

The cupcake sits on a piece of Whisper White embossed with Swirls and Curls and the 3 background papers have torn edges. It is topped off with a White Baker's Twin double bow and the sentiment is provided in the set and inked with Bermuda Bay.

The envelope for is stamped with Daffodil Delight and Hello Cupcake for the large confetti, the 3 little dots are with Bermuda Bay, the little flourish is from Amazing Life and stamped with Pool Party. It's so cute!


The collection




Shop Stampin' Up! products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment