Friday, September 27, 2019

Seaside Notions for Christmas

For the September North Carolina Stampin' Up! Demonstrators meeting, I signed up for a third display board for the event. I just fell in love with Seaside Notions before I even even got a chance to play with it. For the event, the challenge was to use items from the annual catalog and change the theme for fall and winter. How do you make a cute loveable little seahorse fall or winter? I started off thinking this would be a great card for our friends in Australia or the southern US states.

~Enjoy!


This card uses Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, Night of Navy, Soft Suede and Coastal Cabana. I started out with just the seahorse and to CASE myself from a #simplestamping project I had done a few weeks back. Once I added the background strip stamped in Shaded Spruce, I was looking at the shape & thought it would make cute little antlers for my seahorse! The antlers are colored with Cajun Craze from Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 and since I used the real estate for my bow for the antlers, I struggled with what to put at the top (at think at this point my sentiment from the Making Christmas Bright Stamp Set was already stamped). After a good little while, I noticed that the sand dollar would make a cute wreath! Why wouldn't the seahorse have a sand dollar wreath? The wreath is layered with Silver Metallic Thread and a bow from White Bakers Twine inked with Cherry Cobbler Blends Markers.


And what Christmas card does not need more bling!? I layered the pieces with some Silver Glimmer Paper corners. I added a few rhinestones at the bottom and wanted to play with the Ice Stampin' Glitter. I adhered a few flakes with the Shimmery Crystal Effects. And any reindeer/seahorse worth his weight in gold, MUST have a red nose! So I added a rhinestone colored with a Cherry Cobbler Blends Marker. He is so super cute!



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Seaside Notions Stamp Set
  • Making Christmas Bright Stamp Set
  • Cajun Craze / Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
  • Cherry Cobbler
  • Shaded Spruce
  • Night of Navy
  • Crumb Cake
  • Coastal Cabana
  • Whisper White
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Cherry Cobbler Blends Markers
  • White Bakers Twine
  • Silver Metallic Thread
  • Ice Stampin' Glitter
  • Shimmery Crystal Effects
  • Rhinestones
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment