Friday, September 27, 2019

Birch Background Technique with Detailed Deer Dies

For the September North Carolina Stampin' Up! Demonstrators meeting, I signed up for a second (and a third and a fourth and a fifth!) display board for the event. I just love, love, love the Birch Background stamp and after being limited by the artwork of the other sets, I thought a background would free me up creatively, so my friend Tracy & I decided to split the 6 cards we had to make. Tracy travels full time & does not have a demonstrator group home base and she is always up for a challenge, so she gladly wanted to play along!

~Enjoy!


I started out with another color combo for this card, black, white and red which came out beautiful & I will post it shorty, but I only used the Smokey Slate with the Birch Background Stamp, but I wanted to give it a little more drama. So I decided on another color combo of Merry Merlot, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake. The banner is embossed with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder. The reindeer is cut from the Detailed Deer Dies and Silver Glimmer Paper and the background is embossed using the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set and is hand trimmed. The reindeer has a little extra bling with a rhinestone collar colored with Cherry Cobbler Blends Markers. The whole thing is topped off with White Bakers Twine, Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and Silver Metallic Thread.


So here is where the magic is! I picked up my stamp & inked it with Melon Mambo, since the banner was Merry Merlot and the background was Crumb Cake. Then I wanted more. So I inked up my stamp again in Merry Merlot and turned my stamp 180 degrees from the first stamp, since I wanted to fill in the spaces & not stamp again over what I had done before. It was looking pretty good and then I decided it still needed more! So I grabbed Blushing Bride and inked it up & then moved my stamp 50% off the page (top half no stamp, bottom half stamp). Then I repeated this technique and stamped the top half. I love, love, love how this came out! I even shared this technique with Tracy & she used it on her card too! I tried this with a few other color combos & I will post the results soon.

Make sure to hop on over to Tracy's blog to see what she did with this technique and the Let it Ride Stamp Set. She also did a beautiful card using the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set and the fox. Also see my inspiration card




Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Birch Background Stamp Set
  • Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set
  • Detailed Deer Dies
  • Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder
  • Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
  • Cherry Cobbler Blends Markers
  • Merry Merlot
  • Melon Mambo
  • Blushing Bride
  • Crumb Cake
  • Whisper White
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Rhinestones
  • White Bakers Twine
  • Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
  • Silver Metallic Thread
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment