Monday, September 9, 2019

#simplestamping with Sweetly Swirled

I am always excited when Tracy & I get together to have a crafting play date. And a bonus this time, we got to craft together on my birthday! This time Tracy is still in Washington and I have a permanent residence in North Carolina, so we get on the phone & with a little digital technology and a Private Pinterest board, we get to spend the day together crafting. These days are always so much fun, I love catching up with my dear friend & crafting the day away! The first thing we did today was gather all of the stamp sets that we both owned but we have not used together before, we had quite a few to choose from!

~Enjoy!


We like to start the day with a #simplestamping challenge to get the juices flowing. Today we started with the Sweetly Swirled Stamp set and a color challenge of Crushed Curry, Shaded Spruce and Crumb Cake. I like the simplicity of this card, clean & simple for sure!


I am a super fast crafter, so while Tracy was finishing up her first card, I was playing around with an all over background stamped piece. I had started with one version & then I saw where it was going and started over since this was #simplestamping & I could not add a layer for my sentiment. So I stamped my sentiment first, then layered it with removable tape & them stamped my random pattern right over the sentiment. When I pulled up the tape I had nice clean lines for my sentiment and partial stamped images!


Now, I am never one to leave #simplestamping card just as is, but I really liked the simplicity of this card, so I just added a few touches. I embossed the whole background with the Subtle Embossing Folder & then roughed up the edges of the card with my scissors. I added a bow from the Linen Thread & a few small rhinestones colored with the Bronze Stampin' Blends Marker.


For the allover background card, I trimmed it in half and used it in a smaller quantity. I added a Crumb Cake background embossed with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, then my layered stamped piece. I had a retired Decorative Label punch in my scraps, so I added that and topped it off with a Whisper White Bakers Twine bow that I colored with the Daffodil Delight Blends Marker. The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake and hand trimmed fishtail ribbon. It needed a pop of bling, s I played with the new Ice Stampin' Glitter for the flower centers which I adhered with Shimmery Crystal Effects. Make sure to pop on over & see what Tracy has done with her cards




Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Sweetly Swirled Stamp Set
  • Crushed Curry
  • Shaded Spruce
  • Crumb Cake
  • Whisper White
  • Subtle Embossing Folder
  • Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
  • Bronze Stampin' Blends Marker
  • Daffodil Delight Blends Marker
  • Whisper White Bakers Twine
  • Linen Thread
  • Rhinestones
  • Ice Stampin' Glitter
  • Shimmery Crystal Effects
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment