Saturday, August 31, 2019

Gift of Fall meets Detailed Peacock

The August 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit, The Gift of Fall offered many challenges due to the overwhelming color selection available, but the one that was the hardest for me was what to do with the add on kit Pretty Peacock wreath cards.

~Enjoy!


At first I cut them into scalloped circles and that was not sparking my creativity. Then I wondered what they would look like cut using the Delicate Lace Dies. Since the pattern of the leaves was really intricate and the dies was intricate, there was not enough of a pattern to have it not look like it had any direction. Then I thought of the Detailed Peacock Dies. I did not have great expectations for this one since the Delicate Lace Dies failed so dramatically and had 12 of them, so why not? But I was pleasantly surprised! Look how pretty this came out! The train is centered over the wreath and the crest just made it into the Crumb Cake border. Isn't he beautiful?



Now my sister had an absolute passion for all things peacock and I bought this die with her in mind, so I decided to make this guy into her birthday card since it is in December. Once again, I was struggling with what to do with him since he did not really look great on anything I tried except for white, which was a little too boring.

I started off with coloring some Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon. To color the ribbon, I took my Pretty Peacock Ink Refill and dropped a few drops onto a craft mat and added a few spritzes of water, then doused my ribbon into the mixture and set it aside to dry. Never wanting to be wasteful. I usually grab a piece of cardstock to sop up the leftovers. I happened to have a piece that was embossed with the Layered Leaves Embossing folder sitting on my desk, leftover from another project. So I dragged it through the ink from all directions and I love the results!!!

I added another piece of leftover Vellum embossed with Swirls and Curls to give it a little more interest and separation from the background. The sentiment is from Magnolia Blooms stamped in Pretty peacock with the reverse side of the tag that came in the Paper Pumpkin and backed with Silver Glimmer Paper. The whole thing is mounted on Pretty Peacock cardstock and the envelope was stamped with Beautiful Peacock from Sale-a-Bration a few years ago. I think my sister is going to LOVE it!



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • August 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit, The Gift of Fall
  • The Gift of Fall Add-on
  • Detailed Peacock Dies
  • Magnolia Blooms Stamp Set
  • Pretty Peacock Ink Refill
  • Layered Leaves Embossing Folder
  • Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder
  • Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon
  • Whisper White
  • Pretty Peacock
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Vellum
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment