Friday, August 9, 2019

#simplestamping with Sailing Home

This month's Stampin' Up #simplestamping challenge is Birthdays! I always always needing birthday cards since I send out a ton of birthday cards every month! Here is a #simplestampnig card I made for the challenge as well as the #casualstamper and #avidstamper versions.

~Enjoy!


I wanted to create more #simplestamping cards and when I was stamping the envelopes for another card I made, I noticed how pretty it was and thought it would be a great #simplestamping card! I cut down the card front to a 3 x 4.25 Whisper White piece and stamped Anchor from Sailing Home in Soft Suede. I inked up the net from Sea of Textures in Coastal Cabana but only inking around the edges so the center stayed white to add a little highlight to the anchor. The Seaweed is stamped in night of Navy, Pretty Peacock and Soft Suede. The sentiment is stamped with Seaside Notions and Pretty Peacock.


For the #casualtstamper I added a background layer of Pretty Peacock and a strip of Soft Suede embossed with the Corrugated Embossing Folder. A little finishing touch is a bow made from the Braided Linen Trim.


The #avidstamper might like this one a lot because it introduces a new technique (well new to me since I just thought it up - but there have been many who have come before me). I was trying to find something to spruce up the background and I already added an embossing folder layer and I did not want to stamp the seaweed a million times, so I thought it would be cool if I die cut the seaweed from Smooth Sailing Dies but left the pieces in tact. I cut the background in half to make this a little easier, then added 3 strips of Tear & Tape along the backside to hold all of the piece in place, then ran them through my die cut machine. It turned out really cool! The tape did cut in a few places and was a little tricky to get off, but it worked! I added some Silver Glimmer Paper, a bow made from Silver and White Baker's Twine and Silver Sequins. I love it!


Here is a closeup of the "embossed" seaweed and I added a little sparkle with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Sailing Home Stamp Set
  • Sea of Textures Stamp Set
  • Seaside Notions Stamp Set
  • Corrugated Embossing Folder
  • Smooth Sailing Dies
  • Soft Suede
  • Coastal Cabana
  • Night of Navy
  • Pretty Peacock
  • Braided Linen Trim
  • Whisper White
  • Tear & Tape
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Silver and White Baker's Twine
  • Silver Sequins
  • Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



4 comments:

  1. Love how you die cut the background, very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of your cards are beautiful. Love how you showed the stepped up process and the progression on each card.

    ReplyDelete