Sunday, August 4, 2019

Very Versailles Red Rubber Alternatives - #simplestamping

While I was crafting with my friend Tracy, I asked her is she happened to keep the little piece of red rubber that was inside the baroque frame in the Very Versailles stamp set. She asked me what I was going to do with it and I told her #simplestamping or course. You may have seen other ideas where the dot was used for cow spots, but since I don't have the cow set I have to come up with some other fun creations!

For me, #simplestamping is ink, stamps and paper. The one thing I have to have is a single layer even if it is white on white. It just adds so much to the card.

~Enjoy!



This first card, I was not really sure where I was going with it, I was just adding ink to paper. As I got done it reminded me of rocks. This month's Stampin' Up! #simplestamping challenge was for Birthdays, so I dug out my Itty Bitty Birthdays & found this sentiment. Everytime I ready it, I read it as an age jab not as it is written. So when I saw these brown "rocks" I thought this was cute like you are older than dirt. I eventually used this card base to create a dinosaur card. It also reminded me of coffee beans & I may circle back and make a coffee card out of it. The colors for this card are Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand stamped on Crumb Cake.


I wanted to create one with lots of colors, but this one turned out really bright!!! The shapes can be eggs or jelly beans, so it became more of an Easter card than anything else. I added a strip of removable tape across the bottom to mask off a strip for the sentiment & then just stamped away! Sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set. The colors used are Coastal Cabana, Rococo Rose, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green and Highland Heather.


Again, no real direction with this card, just wanted to have an ombre color effect. The shapes reminded me of rose petals and I thought that is where the #avidstamper card would end up, but I do not care too much for rose stamps so I did not have a great selection to choose from, so it ended up somewhere completely unexpected! The Sentiment is from the Magnolia Blooms set and the colors are Merry Merlot, Rococo Rose and retired Powder Pink.


As I was doing the ones above, I kept seeing a path. Since I already did the brown ones, I thought that this would be cute in yellow, as a yellow brick road. I needed a sentiment that built upon my Oz theme and found this one in the Sea of Textures set. The hearts on the envelope are from Celebrate with Cake. The colors used are So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody.


One more idea I had to get out of my head, maybe since the 4th of july just passed and it was America's birthday! This flag is created with Pacific Point and Real Red and the sentiment is again from Itty Bitty Birthdays.


The collection




Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Very Versailles Stamp Set
  • Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set
  • Magnolia Blooms Stamp Set
  • Sea of Textures Stamp Set
  • Celebrate with Cake Stamp Set
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Early Espresso
  • Soft Suede
  • Sahara Sand
  • Crumb Cake
  • Coastal Cabana
  • Rococo Rose
  • Pineapple Punch
  • Granny Apple Green
  • Highland Heather
  • Merry Merlot
  • Powder Pink
  • So Saffron
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Mango Melody
  • Pacific Point
  • Real Red
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment