Sunday, August 4, 2019

Up & Away - #simplestamping

This little #simplestamping card reminded me of the yellow brick road from the Wizard of Oz.

~Enjoy!



I needed a sentiment that built upon my Oz theme and found this one in the Sea of Textures set. The hearts on the envelope are from Celebrate with Cake. The colors used are So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody. Even as #simplestamping card I think this one is really cute and gives enough of the idea of Oz.


As this card was sitting on my desk & I was trying to decide what other Oz element I had in my stash, my mind kept going to a castle, or ruby slippers, then the characters, of a scarecrow or a lion, but nothing was speaking to me. Then as I was looking for something else, I saw the Up & Away Thinlits balloon set - perfect!!! I wanted to add a little hint of the ruby slippers with some Red Glimmer Paper and tried several different balloons until I pulled out the Copper from the Joyous Noel Glimmer paper pack (now retired) - perfect again! Then just for fun, I Googled the balloon and to my surprise the balloon was a sepia toned and it had a red banner on the front - just like the one I created! Topping this off is some copper & white twine that came with the Layered Leaves Paper Pumpkin. Now I just need to find someone who is going on an adventure!



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Very Versailles Stamp Set
  • Sea of Textures Stamp Set
  • Up & Away Thinlits
  • Layered Leaves Paper Pumpkin
  • Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper Pack
  • So Saffron
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Mango Melody
  • Call Me Clover
  • Whisper White
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment