Friday, August 2, 2019

Digital Retreat August #4 - Very Versailles - #simplestamping

I am not quite sure what exactly happened with the third card of the Very Versailles / #simplestamping project, or should I say the third and fourth cards. This time we worked on the leaves going across. Maybe it was because we did not have an inspiration for this one, we were just winging it, but I did not like my first attempt at #simplestamping so I made a quick second version which I liked much better. Tracy actually went through 4 versions!

~Enjoy!


This time we used Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Black on Very Vanilla. Here is attempt number one for me. It did not look too bad until I dropped the lid of my Memento Black onto the left edge of the card, so an addition of the baroque stamp came in to play & that is when things really fell off the rails. I added an additional baroque frame to the top left to balance the imagery and then wondered what it would look like to frame the sentiment, well, here is what that looks like.


So I started over again with a little less going on in the bottom right corner and it was feeling better balanced for me. Check out how Tracy's #simplestamping version!


I decided to tackle the horrible version first and threw caution to the wind and just started piling stuff on without a second thought. It was already ruined, how could it get any worse, right? I started off by grunging it up by roughing up the edges with a scissor edge and adding sponged Crumb Cake around the edges. I embossed a piece of vellum with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder and added a little Crumb Cake to it too.

I had some Glimmer paper from the retired Myths & Magic set and cut a small border to lay behind the Braided Linen Thread and to give it a little sparkle. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set and it is finished off with 2 leaves from the Bird Ballad Trinkets. Overall a vast improvement and now I love the card. If I changed anything it would be to find a better suited glimmer paper, but I searched through my stash and found nothing better. 


The last card of the day came together fairly quickly, since I decided to grunge the version above, I wanted to leave this version clean and classy. The background was embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. The Gold Glimmer Paper really helped this card along and it almost has a Christmas feel to it now. I incorporated a die cut from the Flourish Dies set and used the leftover scrap of vellum from the above card and it is finished with the Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. Check out how Tracy did her card!



Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Very Versailles stamp set
  • Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set
  • Flourish Dies
  • Subtle Embossing Folder
  • Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
  • Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper
  • Braided Linen Thread
  • Bird Ballad Trinkets
  • Gold Glimmer Paper
  • Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon
  • Mossy Meadow
  • Crumb Cake
  • Memento Black
  • Very Vanilla
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment