Sunday, August 18, 2019

Watercolor Techniques: Pencils

While I was preparing for a swap, I could not decide on what technique I wanted to bring, so I tried several techniques including one with Pigment Sprinkles to use as a water-coloring sample. These are all really quick & simple.

~Enjoy!


For this one I lightly scribbled Daffodil Delight from the Watercolor Pencils set onto a piece of  Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, I also added a very light Granny Apple Green (from Watercolors Pencils 2 Set) to the mix as well as a little harder press from the Daffodil Delight to add some depth. Then I went over everything with an Aqua Painter to watercolor it & smooth out the strokes. I used my Heat Tool to speed up the drying process. I stamped the plants with Soft Spring and StazOn Black Ink Pad. I filled in the plants with a mix of Garden Green and Granny Apple Green and water-colored again with an Aqua Painter. I matted the watercolor paper on some Pineapple Punch Card Stock and again on a Whisper White card base. The whole thing is topped off with a bow made from the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and the 1/8" Pineapple Punch Grosgrain Ribbon. The sentiment is stamped with one of the images in StazOn Black Ink and the Country Home Stamp Set.




Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Country Home Stamp Set
  • Soft Spring Stamp Set
  • Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • Watercolors Pencils 2
  • Heat Tool
  • Aqua Painter
  • StazOn Black Ink 
  • Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
  • 1/8" Pineapple Punch Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Pineapple Punch
  • Whisper White
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment