Sunday, August 18, 2019

Watercolor Techniques: Ink Pads

This is another really fast way to add some watercolor wash as a background!

~Enjoy!


For this one I used the Marina Mist Stamp Pad and I squeezed the lid onto the pad before opening it. Then I took an Aqua Painter and added just a little water to the inked lid & swished it back and forth across a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper intentionally leaving some swishes a little lighter & some a little darker. I added some White Bakers Twine twisted with Navy Bakers Twine and also added a bow with both colors. I mounted the whole thing on a card base of Marina Mist. I die cut some nautical elements from items in my stash. The anchor is cut with Night of Navy, the starfish is cut from Daffodil Delight and the sand dollar is cut from White Glimmer Paper. The banner is hand cut and stamped with Night of Navy & a sentiment from my stash.





Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Aqua Painter
  • Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
  • White Bakers Twine
  • Navy Bakers Twine
  • Night of Navy
  • Daffodil Delight
  • White Glimmer Paper
  • Marina Mist
Shop Stampin' Up! products here!



No comments:

Post a Comment